Cayuga Wine Trail, May 2006

For my birthday, Joran took me around Cayuga Lake in Upstate NY for some wine and chocolate tasting. We even went down to Ithaca to see the Farmer's market, and to Mackenzie-Child's in Aurora, NY. It was a great trip!!!





Here I am infront of a vineyard, one of five we visited that day.


Although it seems I am crushing the grapes, I'm really trying to pick the grapes in this picture . . . hehehe --->










<--- Joran driving Eddie the Beast. Grrrr...he looks good!



We also saw two beautiful swans at one of the vineyards.

Here is Joran infront of Mackenzie-Childs in Aurora, NY. Mackenzie-Child's is a posh furniture/household store with wacky ideas. The grounds are gorgeous with hanging vines, weeping willows, lakes, greenhouses and a petting zoo!! The actual store is like stepping into Alice in Wonderland! Imagine checkerboard tables, bright furniture with poka-dots and stripes and mismatched chairs. It was an intense store!




Here I am pretending to be Tarzan, "Aahh--aaa-Ahhhh".


















Well, that was my AWESOME birthday! I had a blast learning how to taste different wines, and distinguish the aromas. We bought a bottle of Lott 99 blend from the Thirsty Owl winery and celebrated my birthday in style! Thank you, mi amor for a great birthday! I will never forget it!

Comments